Saturday, May 30, 2009

A lesson

A rush of cold air and someone rushed into my room.His disheveled appearence betrayed the sense of mind that of a man no longer in control of his self.Eyes blood shot meant he was consuming plenty of alchohol.As he sat in the chair right in front of me hee was at a loss for words and began fidgeting .Sir I think he is in trouble again and I have no idea what to do.The trouble was that he needed a disarticulation of the upper limb and his son was only 15.The proud parents wer unwilling to decide on anything and wnted a second opinion from another centre.I had to write a summary.This is the story and it started a long ago one afternoon when the same couple came to me as their son had sustained a pathologic fracture while shifting in bed .The orthopedic surgeon diagnosed bone cyst and yet another senior surgeon did only a immobilisation plaster .They promptly caame back 4 months back with a full blown Osteo sarcoma.After evaluation he underwwent total humeral replacement and chemotherapy .After a month of cehmothrapy he suffered a relapse and needed salvage ,He has been reffered for surgery and I do not know what will come of him.

No comments: